The way problems interact can be most interesting. For example, it’s clear I’m an altoholic. Yet my addiction to heirlooms (I CAN’T LEVEL WITHOUT AT LEAST ONE) confines me largely to WRA, so my altoholism is limited by the number of available character slots. At the moment, the roster seems to have stabilized at five goblins, two Forsaken and a blood elf (WTB goblin paladin), one human and one night elf.
That leaves one slot open – so far, it’s been a revolving door through which potential contenders come and go. A shaman! LIGHTNING BzzzzzzZZZZT. Wait, what the hell am I doing? Delete. ANOTHER HUNTARD! Wait, we’re getting more stable slots? Delete. TANKING MONK! Wait, I hear it’s kinda complex and you can’t just go around Spinning Crane Kicking all the things. Delete. I know, a shaman! Wait, I’m never going to get to 90 and certainly never going to run heroic raids for that outfit. Delete. DRUIDS! I don’t have one Hordeside. Wait, troll toes. Delete. More panda huntards, for taming things! Wait, didn’t I just … eh, maybe it’s better not to think too hard about this.
Despite being the best geared and “the main,” Therm is STILL broke, as she is forced to fund all the flying skills ever for all my Hordeside cast in addition to purchasing additional guild bank tabs (because no one else can afford to). She wants to build a Depleted Kyparium Rocket too, but because of Expensive Mat Requirements, she hasn’t gotten much farther than her (admittedly impressive) kyparite collection. That transmog addiction she’s got doesn’t help her wallet, either. GET AWAY FROM THE AH. IT’S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.
The Good Things
- Met a bunch of new folks and made some good buddies (Not Therm specific, but since she’s the main, she gets the credit)
- Started this blog (also not Therm specific, but again, a goblin has no issues with getting more than she bargained for)
- Hit level 90 and pretended to be awesome for a little bit
Made friends with the Golden LotusThrew the Golden Lotus under the bus once I got what I wanted out of them
- Tamed a monkey in a fez
- LAND BEFORE TIME GUYS OH MY GOD DINOS MY INNER CHILD IS HAPPY FOREVER
- World of Harvest Mooncraft (because the only kind of game I love more than a time waster is a farming sim that is just that)
The Bad Things
- WHY CAN’T I GET A STUPID LFR WEAPON EVER WHYYYYY
- Guild drama
- Dailies (I say we ditch dailies and instead have weeklies, or maybe monthlies …)
- Isle of Thunder (because getting thrown off the Wall by a pot of boiling oil wasn’t good enough, Blizzard had to crush my soul under the feet of thousands of mogu)
Therm plans to …
- Tame All Teh Things (Please Gawd, make the 50 stable slot thing true. Please. I’ll stop trying to take the Temple Rats out of Zul’Gurub if you make it true.)
- Build that accursed Depleted Kyparium Rocket
- Find a way to make oogly mail armor attractive again
- Try to find The Happies
Speaking of the future, Therm’s (probably forever unrealizable) dream is to some day run into the fabulous Fabulor*. It’ll be like a movie, see! He’ll accidentally trip over her because she’s so short, but she’ll forgive him because she’s dazzled by his shining locks and dashing grin. After LFR hijinks, they’ll go on a picnic at some ridiculous and scenic location, and she’ll give him some random loot she picked up as a token of her affection, and and and and … well, a girl can dream. It’s hard to find a date who isn’t cheap as hell when you’re short, green and not a frog.
* Finally, someone playing a blood elf male the way I would! Why did no one tell me about this blog sooner? At one point, a former guildmate and I discussed making a blood elf male named Fabuloth, but it didn’t happen – and now it doesn’t need to. I totally debated making a female fan/Fabulor wannabe (Fabulisse? Fabulala?), but in the end, I decided that’d be pointless. As we all know, there can be only one.