Some folks have been bugging me to spend more time Alliance-side. At the same time, the dedicated Horde players that I know have either been threatening to assassinate my poor lowbie spacegoat or stalk my paladerp if I do. Ah, faction conflict! Shows up even at the Friends List level.
As far as I’m concerned, playing Alliance-side more frequently has several issues (not including any charges of favoritism on the part of the game designers):
- No goblins. Goblins would have made the best cross-faction race, not pandas, since we’re loyal to the wallet first and foremost, and our competing cartels would work right into the faction divide. But it’s a bit late to go back and change that design call, I suppose.
- Gnomes are not goblins. Let me repeat that: GNOMES ARE NOT GOBLINS.
- After so long being short and green or arthritic and rotting, it feels downright unnatural to play a character that has a pulse and is considered sexually attractive.
- They don’t label the damn docks down at Stormwind Harbor or tell you what boat goes where, so I’m always wondering if I’m getting on the right boat, or waiting at a dock that’s just there for show.
- The game designers flipped the sides the bank and portals are on in the Alliance’s Vale shrine. I’m ALWAYS going to the wrong side. ALWAYS.
There are some advantages, though.
- I’m tall!
- I don’t have to swim to clear puddles or shallow bodies of water.
Despite the cons clearly outweighing the pros, I have been spending time on Niremere and Daschela anyway. What’re friends for, right, if not confusing you with their unpredictable stature and getting you killed on a regular basis? Daschela’s still leveling, of course:
Things frequently go wrong in the classroom at Scholomance, so I’m ready at a moment’s notice to drop to the floor and wait for sheeyit to clear. (And why can’t pets Feign along with their owners yet? I mean seriously.)
On the 90’s side, Nir’s running been some LFR for gear:
When she’s not causing her beartank to plummet into the void, Nir has been having some semi-brilliant and mostly obvious ideas. For example: using Vuhdo’s Buff Watch to tell when Inquisition is off! Theoretically, she’ll hit a bit more like a dry noodle and less like a wet one now!